Arrival by plane
Take-off and landing: The quickest way to get to Stuttgart is by air. Stuttgart Airport is one of the most modern in Europe. 55 airlines fly to more than 130 destinations in 30 countries; some 12 million passengers annually use this gateway to Stuttgart.
The striking architecture of the terminals has won several awards, making Stuttgart Airport one of the most attractive in Europe. Short distances make travel easy and its wide variety of shops and restaurants make it a place worth exploring.
Unique in Europe: The Messe Stuttgart and the ICS International Congress Center Stuttgart are located in the direct vicinity of the airport.
Lines S2 and S3 of the rapid transit railway (S-Bahn), provide a direct link from the airport to the main railway station in the heart of the city in only 27 minutes journey time. Motorists can reach Stuttgart’s “Gateway to the World” via the A8 Karlsruhe – Munich motorway.
Stuttgart Airport offers a number of services, such as:
- Wöllhaf Conference, Banqueting and Business Centre in Terminal 1
- Hotel and top-class catering services and restaurants
- Service for the handicapped
- VIP Service
- Car rental services
- Attractive shopping and leisure facilities with boutiques, shops, delicatessen
- Duty free and travel value shops
- TOURIST INFORMATION CENTER (T3/ E2, ARRIVAL LEVEL): Our service for air passengers immediately after landing at Stuttgart Airport